Sunday, May 9, 2010

Comfort food from my 1st home in Seoul




I moved to Seoul in 2003. Since I couldn't read/speak the language, my dining options were limited. The first picture is like most any donkatsu (breaded pork cutlet) you could get at a Japanese restaurant, but it comes with miso, rice, and kimchi for only $6. Early on my boss's wife would call the restaurant and have them deliver that to work for me about 3 times a week.
The chicken is from a different restaurant and is a mix of sweet/spicy and comes with a bowl of tangy radishes. This restaurant is where I learned some of my most essential Korean, "Maekju han jan do chuseyo" which is "Another glass of beer please".

1 comment:

  1. loving your pictures and commentary! <3 Keep up the good work, we're lurking and reading . . . :)

    ReplyDelete